NORTH AMERICA: SOUTHEAST Gainesville/Tallahassee, Florida
Praise the Lord, saints!
We are in day two of the gospel trip here in Gainesville, FL and so far the time has been enjoyable! On Lord’s day we had a porch meeting/Sunday worship where we invited students that we have contacted through the freshman orientations and social events the club had during the first few weeks. Around 30 students showed up to the Sunday worship where we sang, a brother gave a word of what it is to be a normal Christian, and then it was opened for sharing. It was an awesome time being with the students as they shared their enjoyment about the topic and we were able to connect with them afterward and get to know each other better.
On Monday we went tabling, gospel preaching, and passing out flyers on the University of Florida campus. We were able to meet a few students that are open for more fellowship and being part of the bible study on Wednesdays. Later in the afternoon, we went to the Santa Fe college campus and had an appointment with a student and read over the Glorious Church. Afterwards, we had a bible study on campus and went over chapter one of Ephesians where there was a sweet overflow from the new students that impressed us and made us see what the Lord is doing on that campus.
On Tuesday, we did more tabling as well as going out to pass flyers with students. We also had a bible study on campus where there was fellowship on Ephesians chapter three. Again, students were participating in asking questions and answering.
- Existing students would come back open and with a desire to grow more this semester. None would be distracted and lose heart this semester.
- The rising up of our students to take on more responsibility for the campus club, and to pick up more burden for the club, and participate more in club activities.
- The students’ participation in the church life would increase this semester.
- The capacity of the local saints would be increased to meet the need of shepherding all the new ones and young ones among us.
- Pray for our outing this Saturday- combined FSU (Tallahassee) and UF (Gainesville). That a good number of students would attend and be further shepherded by this time.