Enjoying hymn in the church in Orenburg–Lord’s Table meeting
English Hymn 599
1. Lord, I was blind; I could not see
In Thy marred visage any grace,
But now the beauty of Thy face
In radiant vision dawns on me.
2. Lord, I was deaf; I could not hear
The thrilling music of Thy voice;
But now I hear Thee and rejoice,
And all Thine uttered words are dear!
3. Lord, I was dumb; I would not speak
The grace and glory of Thy name;
But now, as touched with living flame,
My lips Thine eager praises wake.
4. Lord, I was dead; I could not stir
My lifeless soul to come to Thee;
But now, since Thou hast quickened me,
I rise from sin’s dark sepulcher.
5. For Thou hast made the blind to see,
The deaf to hear, the dumb to speak,
The dead to live; and, lo, I break
The chains of my captivity